Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Place To Be


This November, Speidel Gymnasium became the stage for two events that I couldn’t miss. OAR made their second appearance to Elmira College by performing this month. The gym transformed from a basketball court with bleachers to a full stage with dozens of lights and speakers. Even though I only know a few OAR songs, the concert was a lot of fun. My friends and I arrived as the opening act was finishing. We listened to their last song and waited while the stage was prepped for OAR. Eventually they came on stage and began playing. I attempted to get a picture of the concert, it turned out a little blurry, but I will still share it with you.

Last Thursday, Speidel was the center of EC spirit as the basketball season kicked off with Hoops Hysteria. Men’s and Women’s basketball teams came out to show off their skills on the court. The EC cheerleaders and dance team made sure the crowd was ready to cheer on the teams. As a bonus, there were free t-shirts and raffle items including a flat screen tv and tickets to a Bills game. The amazing picture is courtesy of Amanda LeBoeuf ’13 who graciously helped me out after I accidentally deleted everything my memory card.

It's less than one week until Thanksgiving Break and I am looking forward to going home and catching up on sleep. When I return I will be ready for Holiday Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment